Monday, September 12, 2011

A Seafood Adventure in Rockport

It's way too easy to move someplace new and summarily go about your business without bothering to wander around in your region. Fast forward 2.5 years to my life in the Boston area. Sure, I make an effort to trek out to Paso Robles and Istanbul, but my own backyard has admittedly been overlooked. In the age of Yelp and Google maps, there really is no excuse. In an effort to mitigate this current travel pattern (but mostly out of fear of being sucked into yet another Mad Men marathon on a perfectly nice day), we made our way north to Gloucester in search of some fresh, seaside fare. After an obligatory stop at the local brewery, my restaurant research led us just a tad further to Rockport. And what a find it was! - A seaside village dripping with New England quaintness. Situated on Cape Ann, the downtown is dotted with art galleries, restaurants and (gasp!) vintage and jewelry shops. How did they know I was coming? Sure, there is a "I Heart Rockport" tee-shirt stand here and there but unlike some locales, there are plenty of reasons to feel that way. The main event however was dinner at Roy Moore Lobster Company, a no frills, just-darn-good seafood establishment. Stuffed clams, baked haddock and lobster rolls anyone? One of these days I will work up the nerve to photograph my meals in public, but in the meantime, enjoy a little dose of ocean inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...