Cranberry Coconut Granola
3/4 c. sliced almonds
1/2 c. flax seeds
1/2 c. dried coconut
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. cinnamon
grated lemon or orange peel
1/4 c. canola oil
1/4 c. maple syrup or honey
dash vanilla extract
dash almond extract
1 c. dried cranberries
1) Mix first seven ingredients in a large roasting pan, the high sides make it much easier to mix and stir later on.
2) Whisk together next four ingredients in a separate bowl
3) Combine liquid with dry ingredients well, until all oats/nuts are well coated. Taste the mixture and adjust as needed.
4) Roast the granola at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes, until granola is golden brown. Make sure to stir well every 5-6 minutes, otherwise it will burn.
5) Remove from oven and stir in the dried cranberries.
6) Store in an airtight container, will keep 2-3 weeks.
Feel free to mix up the ingredients. Dried fruit is always added in at the end, nuts always go in with the oats. You can use just about any type and/or combination of liquid sugar. I use flax seeds for a little omega 3 action but other seeds are good too.