Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New England-y Excursions, Mother & Daughter Style: DAY 1

Not being a high maintenance type of lady, my Ma was happy to put off the Mother's Day festivities a week, especially if it meant attending a flea market and a wool show! I could not have agreed more.

Saturday: Brimfield Antique Show
Considered to be Mecca by many circles of antiquing folks, this place is not to be missed. The event is 50+ years old and has grown to be a triannual extravaganza. They already announced their 2012 show dates, in case you were wondering. Ma was in attendance some odd years ago but not since the show got so big.  In other words, we were newbies. The really hardcore shoppers come with those Euro grocery carts because god forbid one runs out of arms to hold ones finds! Next year. If you are a professional collector, you may be willing to pay a pretty penny for that old school Coco-Cola vending machine or Lenox China set but if you are simply a casual gatherer of all things pretty (me), well, there are plenty of affordable items for you too. My haul included a long, sky blue hand knitted sweater,  two stunning cloisonne bangles (in blue and red), a marcasite/abalone ring, and a golf themed tie clip for the BF. As if it was possible to leave empty handed. My wish list included a set of jadeite dishes and the most amazing custom built kitchen island/butcher block I've ever seen (3rd and 4th pic groups below). When I have my dream home, I will be at Brimfield bright n' early opening day :)

More on the wool show maƱana.



Images Via: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...