Friday, May 20, 2011

New England-y Excursions, Mother & Daughter Style: DAY 2

The New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival would like to remind you that rabbits, alpacas, goats, and lamas make fibers too! Lovely ones at that - there are angora rabbits, cashmere goats, and more. I even observed a woman spinning fiber directly from the rabbit that was passively hanging out on her lap! If there is such a thing a freshly spun wool, well then that is it. It was a nice little excursion, the rain kept away most folks but there was plenty to see. The dyed, unspun wool looked so beautiful but I am pretty sure I'd fail at spinning my own seeing as how I can barely even finish knitting something in less that a year. On that all-too-accurate note, as much as we wanted to, Ma and I bought no yarn. Talk about behaved! Wooly, wooly.

Images via: Me



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...