Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Inspired By: Florence Broadhurst

When I said in my last post that I'd love to be a musician in another life, I should have added "textile designer" as well. I've always enjoyed staring at intricate patterns, admiring the carefully calculated repetition of a design that emantes so much rhythm and creates unexpected geometric shapes. A successful pattern takes on a life of it's own. I have long been enamored with all things Marimekko but only recently came across the work of Aussie designer, Florence Broadhurst in Elle Decor. Quite the motif maven in the '60s and '70s, her fabric and wallpaper designs look anything but stale. I do appreciate vintage style wallpaper but I'd be more likely to commit to one of Broadhurst's timeless prints. I especially like the Asian inspired flora and fauna. Really they are the perfect solution to easy decorating. Who needs complicated furniture when the patterns do all the talking?
Images via: Signature Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...